Kieren Struck

Diploma of Aviation – Commercial Pilot Licence & Flight Instructor Rating Graduate

“The Flight Instructor Rating just took my skills to a whole new level. It was just incredible to realise that there is still so much to learn. Even now, I am learning new things every day, building and strengthening my knowledge of aviation.”

Kieren graduated with his Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) in October of last year and started the Flight Instructor Rating just before his CPL ended. He completed both courses just two months apart from one another!

We asked Kieren what his favourite thing about each course was and he said, “When it comes to the CPL course, the best part was definitely hour building by myself. It’s just such a great feeling to be able to go into Soar, get in the plane and just fly solo. It just builds your confidence.

Work Experience & Career Progression

After completing his Flight Instructor Rating course, Kieren commenced his 100 hours of work experience at Soar Aviation. Due to Soar’s rapid growth, Kieren was offered permanent employment and has since been promoted to a Grade 2 Instructor and has over 610 hours under his belt.

We asked Kieren what his aviation goals were, and he said, “My long-term goal is the airlines, but I want to complete my Multi-engine Instrument Rating first. I’d love to get some experience working in charter too. I want to build a wealth of experience and enjoy the journey and different aspects of aviation, before entering the airlines.”

We asked Kieren whether he had any advice for students doing their CPL and he said, “Make sure you put the hours into studying but also, enjoy every moment and take everything as a learning experience. The time goes so quickly before you know it, you’ll be graduating!”

Interested in our Flight Instructor Rating Course?

Learn More

Student Success – Kieren Struck

Diploma of Aviation - Commercial Pilot Licence & Flight Instructor Rating Graduate “The Flight Instructor Rating just took my skills to a whole new level. It was just incredible to realise that there is still so much to learn. Even now, I am learning new things every...

read more

Pilot Careers – Search and Rescue

Are you thinking about starting a career as a pilot? Maybe you’ve already begun the journey and want to learn more about the different pilot careers available to you. With the global pilot shortage facing the industry, there is a substantial need for many different...

read more

Which Pilot Career Suits You Best? – Quiz

So, you know you want to be come a pilot but aren't quite sure which career path to go down? Do you want to be an Airline Pilot? Maybe you'd prefer to be an Air Ambulance Pilot! We've created a fun quiz to see which career suits you best. [viralQuiz...

read more